Бондаревська І. О. Феномен довіри в економічних та міжетнічних відносинах (аналіз зарубіжних досліджень) / І. О. Бондаревська // Актуальні проблеми психології: Зб. наук. праць Інституту психології імені Г. С. Костюка НАПН України. – К.: Фенікс, 2015. – Т. 11, Вип. 12. – С. 42 – 50.
Paper deals with theoretical and empirical studies of trust in economic and interethnic relations. Determinants of trust in economic and interethnic contexts are shown. In economic context trust to financial institutions and role of trust and power in tax behavior are described. Effects of trust and power dynamics can be applicable not only to tax behavior but also other forms of social behavior including economic controlled by authorities. Every certain type of such social behavior requires additional study taking into account behavior forms peculiarities, material and non-material costs and benefits. In interethnic context importance and ambiguity of economic diversity for interethnic trust is underlined. Peculiarities of low-trust and high-trust cultures are shown from the point of view of behavior control mechanisms. Institutional and interpersonal bases of trust are distinguished in correspondingly tight and loose cultures. Strong norms and sanctions corresponding to institutional trust in tight cultures exclude necessity of interpersonal trust in case of reliable behavior guarantor presence. It is essential to conclude that investigation of interethnic economic trust requires complex methodology taking into consideration peculiarities of the certain state and region where study is conducted. Due to historical, political, cultural differences results obtained in one state and region cannot be considered reliable for another state and region without special additional study.
Avaliable in Ukrainian language
- Alesina A. Who trusts others? / A. Alesina, E. La Ferrara // Journal of Public Economics. – 2002. – 85 (2). – P. 207 – 234.
- Boldt E.D. Structural tightness and social conformity: A methodological note with theoretical implications / E.D. Boldt, L.W. Roberts // Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. – 1979. – 10. – P. 221 – 230.
- Castelfranchi C. Trust Theory: A Socio-Cognitive and Computational Model / C. Castelfranchi, R. Falcone – West Sussex: Wiley, 2010.
- French J.R. The bases of social power / J.R. French, B. Raven // Studies in Social Power / Eds. D. Cartwright. – Ann Arbor: University of Michigan, 1959. – P. 150 – 167.
- Fukuyama F. Trust. The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity / F. Fukuyama – New York: The Free Press, 1995.
- Gunia B.C. Paying a price: Culture, trust, and negotiation consequences / B.C. Gunia, M. Brett, A.K. Nandkeolyar, D. Kamdar // Journal of Applied Psychology. – 2011. – 96 (4). – P. 774 – 789.
- Kirchler E. Enforced versus voluntary tax compliance: The “slippery slope” framework / E. Kirchler, E. Hoelzl, I. Wahl // Journal of Economic Psychology. – 2008. – 29. – P. 210 – 225.
- Kirchler E. From mistrusting taxpayers to trusting citizens: empirical evidence and further development of the slippery slope framework / E. Kirchler, E. Hofmann, K. Gangl // Economic psychology in modern world: collected papers / Eds. A.N. Lebedev. – Moscow: Ekon-inform, 2012. – P. 125 – 146.
- Lancee B. Ethnic, religious and economic diversity in Dutch neighbourhoods: Explaining quality of contact with neighbours, trust in the neighbourhood and inter-ethnic trust / B. Lancee, J. Dronkers // Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. – 2011. – 37(4). – P. 597 – 618.
- Mayer R.C. An integrative model of organizational trust / R.C. Mayer, J.H. Davis, F.D. Schoorman // Academy of Management Review. – 1995. – 20. – P. 709 – 734.
- McAllister D.J. Affect- and cognition-based trust as foundations of interpersonal cooperation in organizations / D.J. McAllister // Academy of Management Review. – 1995. – 38(1). – P. 24 – 59.
- Misztal B.A. Trust in modern societies / B.A. Misztal – Cambridge: Polity Press, 1996.
- Oliver J.E. Reconsidering the environmental determinants of white racial attitudes / J.E. Oliver, T. Mandelberg // American Journal of Political Science. – 2000. – 44(3). – P. 574 – 589.
- Rothstein B. Trust, social dilemmas and collective memories / B. Rothstein // Journal of Theoretical Politics. – 2000. – 12. – P. 477 – 501.
- Takahashi C. The intercultural trust paradigm: Studying joint cultural interaction and social exchange in real time over the Internet / C. Takahashi, T. Yamagishi, J.H. Liu, F.X. Wang, Y.C. Lin, S. Yu // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. – 2008. – 32. – P. 215 – 228.
- van Raaij W.F. Consumer confidence and trust in the economy / W.F. van Raaij // Economic psychology in modern world: collected papers / Eds. A.N. Lebedev. – Moscow: Ekon-inform, 2012. – P. 377 – 395.
- Yamagishi T., Cook K.S., Watabe M. Uncertainty, trust, and commitment formation in the United States and Japan / T. Yamagishi, K.S. Cook, M. Watabe // American Journal of Sociology. – 1998. – 104. – P. 165 – 194.